Note on data processing
- Name and contact details of the concerned person responsible for handling as well as the data protection official
This data privacy statement applies for the data processing through:
Person responsible: Leese Hildebrandt Esser Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaft mbB
(in the following called as: LHE Rechtsanwälte)
99094 Erfurt, Deutschland
+49 (0)361 5655000
+49 (0)361 5655008
The operational (internal) data protection official from LHE Rechtsanwälte can be contacted through mail at Datenschutz@LHE-Rechtsanwaelte.de o runder the above mentioned adress of LHE Rechtsanwälte, fort he attention of Mr. Rechtsanwalt Robert Hünicke.
- Survey and storage of personal data as well as the type and purpose of their usage
When you engage our law firm, we will require the following information:
- Salutaion, first name, family name, title
- A valid E-Mail-Adress,
- Telephone number (Home number and/or mobile)
- Fax number
- Information which is required for the enforcement and defending of your legal rights within the scope of the mandate.
The collection of this data shall be required:
- To enable you identify yourself as our client;
- To enable us give you appropriate legal advice and to protect your interests;
- To have correspondence with you;
- To have correspondence with your legal cost insurance
- For issuing an invoice;
- For handling any eventual liability claims and also enforcement of such claims against you.
The data processing comes into effect based on your request and according to Art. 6 para 1 S. 1 lit. b 0f DSGVO, it would be required for the purposes mentioned above for appropriate handling (processing) of the mandate and for fulfilling the specified obligations of both the parties arising out of the contract of mandate. The personal information collected by us which is required for the mandate (engaging our firm) shall be stored by us till the expiration of the statutory period prescribed for lawyers which is an obligation to preserve records (10 years after completion of the calendar year in which the mandate has come to an end,) and this period will be deleted; but it could be possible that in accordance with article 6 para 1 S. 1 lit. c DSGVO, keeping in view the tax issues, terms of commercial and documentation requirements, (arising arom HGB, StGB or AO), obligation to store them for a longer period would be required, in accordance with Art. 6 para 1 S. 1 lit. a DSGVO, you agreed on a longer period.
- Transmission of data to third parties
Transmission of your personal data to a third party for any other purposes other than the ones mentioned below shall never take place.
To the extent in terms of Art. 6 para 1 S. 1 lit. b DSGVO if it is required for the handling of the mandate with you, your personal information shall be shared with a third party. It especially includes further transmission of data to the defendant and their representative (especially their lawyers) and also courts and other public departments (bodies) for purpose of correspondence and also for enforcement and defending your legal rights. The data passed on to third parties shall be used by them exclusively for the specified purpose.
The attorney client privilege remains however unaffected. To the extent the data in question falls under the category of „attorney client privilege“, further transmission of data shall take place only after discussion with you.
- Rights of the persons affected
You have the legal right:
- In accordance with Art. 7 para 3 of DSGVO, you can withdraw your permission given to us once earlier at any time. This shall have the effect that we cannot carry forward the data processing in the future which was based on this consent;
- In accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, you can ask for the data concerning the personal information that we have processed about you. Especially, you can ask for information about the intended purpose of the processing, category of the personal data, category of the target audience to whom this data has been shared or will be shared, the planned storage period, existence of any right or powers to make amendments, deletion or placing limitations on the processing or contestation, availability of right of appeal, the source of the data to the extent they have not been collected by us and also existence of an automated decision making including profiling and meaningful and significant information to their details;
- In accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, you can demand from us for making corrections promptly to the incorrect data or making it complete in all respects of the personal data stored with us;
- In accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, you can demand for the deletion of the personal data concerning you being stored with us to the extent it does not otherwise affect the exercise of rights of expression of opinion and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or it is required for the enforcement, exercising or protection of legal claims;
- According to Art. 18 DSGVO) , you can demand for our restriction (limitation) on our processing of personal data collected about you, to the extent the correctness of data about you could be contested, the data processing is not correct, you however, refuse its deletion and we do not require the data any more, you however, require this for enforcement, exercise or protecting legal claims, or in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO, you raised objection against such processing;
- According to Art. 20 DSGVO, the data containing your personal details, which you have already submitted to us is to be converted in a structured, established and machine readable format, or request for transmission of the same to another responsible official;
- According to Art. 77 DSGVO, you can make a complaint to the regulatory authority. Normally, you can make application to the controlling authority in your usual place of residence, or place of work, or the place where our chamber is located.
- Right of objection
- To the extent your personal related data has been processed on the basis of and from persons with some interest (vested interest) in accordance with Art. 6 para 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO, you are legally empowered according to Art. 21 DSGVO to dispute and contest such processing of your personal data by furnishing a valid justification stating the special situations you were in.
Should you like to exercise your right of objection, sending an e-mail to Datenschutz@lhe-rechtsanwaelte.de would be sufficient, or alternatively you can send this to the email address of the concerned person mentioned in the client confirmation